For the first time in 2023, the opening round of The Ned Prix de Fashion was open to women who had yet to pre-qualify for the national final in one of the regional competitions that took place around the country this season.
They joined our prequalified regional finalists in the semi-final and from there, our Supreme Winner was selected.
Our congratulations to Lily Simons who was announced the winner of The Ned Prix de Fashion for 2023.
2023’s edition saw 11 regional finalists make the field for The Ned Prix de Fashion after having won a qualifying fashions in the field competition (held throughout New Zealand) over the course of the 2022/23 season.
The semi finalists then had the opportunity to enter up to five (5) photos and an optional 15s video of their competition outfit (which can either be a new look or the same outfit they won their qualifier in) for the panel of NZ/AUS-based judges to then score.Learn more
Following tradition, The Ned Prix de Fashion is a winner-takes-all competition with the Supreme Winner walking away with not only the national racewear title and that coveted sash, but a $20,000+ prize package courtesy of The Ned and Victoria Racing Club.
• A two night trip to Marlborough for you and five friends
• A years' supply of The Ned wine
• A wine degustation dinner for you and five friends
• Three Claire Hahn Millinery pieces to the value of $1000
• A $1,000 Muse voucher
• 3 nights’ accommodation for two at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins
• Two tickets to Melbourne Cup Day in the year they won The Ned Prix de Fashion at Ellerslie Racecourse
• A full hospitality package for two people on Lexus Melbourne Cup Day in a syndicated restaurant at Flemington Racecourse (package includes three course lunch and a standard beverage package)
• Two Hill Stand seats on Kennedy Oaks Day